Saturday, February 18, 2012

More baby talk~

Today on my ongoing project day, I met with a friend who I have not seen for months and to my surprise there was a little baby in our group. I asked her whose child it was and she said "mine" I thought she was joking 'cos  my other two colleagues were claiming the baby to be theirs (they love babies- now nicknamed baby nappers!) After much chatting and my self thought, the baby is indeed my friend's and her husband was there too. This was hilarious cos I did not know she was expecting nevertheless I congratulated her on the arrival of her lovely little bub.  Being a silly person as I tend to be, I asked my friend if the baby was a boy or a girl. My colleague who was 'claiming' the baby said to me "he's wearing blue so baby boy la~" I laughed, why didn't  I think of that, stereotyped colours; boys wear blue and girls wear pink. My brain probably just thought "yeah the mum can dress her child in any way and coloursshe wants." Silly me.

Her little bub was an angel, throughout the crazy loud noise(his mum, my colleagues and all of us really are LOUD people)  he slept peacefully; he's going on two months and his mum says that the noise keeps him at ease because he knows there's people to keep him company and will be upset if its quiet. I was very impressed at what a mother can assess from her child's behaviour even at just a month and a few weeks after his birth. ( I have yet to know, I haven't had any children of my own yet. My lovely nephews, nieces and students receive my doting.) I find the bond between parent and child very intriguing; and speaking of which her little bub already has a list of god mothers to be in line. The lucky baby, I pray that he grows well and be a  well to do human being in the future.

And another thing about toddlers, my friend shared this link which I find hilarious. It's about a father trying to convince his daughter that "dad is better than mum" but his child thinks otherwise.


My internet has been terrible so I can't seem to let the embedded link load at all. Here's the link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWFfDyupGpQ&feature=share

No comments:

Post a Comment