Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Entry 10: Wikipedia Editing

Making a Wikipedia account was not a first for me. I had created one a few year back but could not even log in.I think its dead now. Funny enough for class we get to make one and edit it as part of our coursework! I find this a fun challenge and still awkward to show all my edits, people are judgemental afterall.

I was more than glad to edit our university page and add in more details about our student affairs section. I  used two days for data collection and had about an hour and a half to type and sort the fonts, settings and such. Proud of my work, after plenty of edits, I left it be. After finishing the slides and re polishing them up, I decided to check the wiki article I created if there were any edits by other users,so I can edit it on my slides. The most disheartening thing that happened was that my article page was taken down and I was left in a sad state wanting to cry but did not. I continued to read the deletion policies , why it was deleted and everything which made me upset but also a good learning process.( Honestly I think, I've been directed to odd ways to learn things. whichever works as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.)

I am still appealing for my page to be returned . Hope they reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment